Taking obedience classes is a wonderful way to help socialize your dog, you can also learn by watching other students train their dogs. Classes offer distractions and challenges you and your dog will learn from.
K9 Advantage specializes in Drop-In Classes:
Drop-In Classes allow you to train your dog around your schedule and budget. You're not locked in to a 6 or 8 week commitment, you can come to class when you like, as often as you like.
The price is only $10.00 each class and if you are not 100% satisfied pay nothing at all.
In class, you will learn how to train your dog and how to stop unwanted behavior. Your dog will learn to Sit, Down, Heel, Recall and Release all on and off leash. You'll also learn how to fix any problems you may be having with your dog, like: barking, destructive chewing, house training, jumping and much more.
Classes are on the 1st, 3rd & 4th Saturday of the month 9am to 10am.
Location: 4715 N Stockton Hill Rd Kingman, AZ.
So, I thought, if I could just get someone to come to one class, and they learned something beneficial without it costing an arm and a leg, they would come out again.
WithIn a couple of years, I had 11 locations with two classes at each of them, I was doing 22 Obedience Classes weekly, morning, noon and night and on weekends, no one had an excuse for not taking their dog to obedience class.
1. Please bring proof of vaccinations to the first class.
2. Classes start promptly, so please be on time.
3. Comfortable clothing and rubber soled shoes are recommended.
4. Only a buckle style or chain collar and a 6-foot nylon or leather leash will be used in class.
5. Dogs will always be kept on leash unless otherwise directed by your instructor.
6. Please don't allow dogs to meet in class until the instructor gives permission.
7. Each handler is responsible for his dog’s conduct in the training area. Do not let your dog sniff other dogs. Growling and snapping will not be tolerated.
8. The instructor reserves the right to expel dogs who show aggression towards people or other dogs.
9. If your dog is sick, please do not bring them to class. If you have a question about what is allowed in class, please contact the instructor.
10. Please clean up after your dog.
11. Do not feed your dog just before you come to class. It is best to feed him after class.
12. Young children must be supervised by an additional adult, so the primary handler of the dog can devote their full attention to class.
13. If any questions arise during the week, call your instructor. We do not want you to practice an exercise wrong for a whole week.
I especially like the group training sessions In Kingman because, they are not only well organized, they are fun! I have attend two trainings and each time I can see, not only my dog learning, but I'm also learning to be a good dog parent as well. The group environment is so great for dogs to learn, not only individual training, but socializing skills as well. I also appreciate the question and answer time after class and Roy's patience with the dogs as well as the humans. I live in Bullhead City and feel these training classes are so worth the drive and will be attending again soon. Sherri S.
After one hour (Saturday drop in class) we had a new dog! Before I was unable to enjoy taking my 80lb puppy on a walk because he would pull so hard. After a one hour class, I was able to walk him with ease and enjoyed it! We learned so much in just one hour. Roy taught us how and what our dogs were communicating to us and how to correct bad behaviors through obedience training. We worked on what Roy taught us throughout the week and came back the next Saturday. It has only been 1 week and my dogs are so much more behaved. It’s incredible! Ian C.
Today my foster dog and I attended a drop in Saturday class in Kingman. Not only was it informative, but it was fun and filled with great information. Any skills that Peppo learns makes him more adoptable and more loveable than he is. Thank you...we will be back! Maggie P.
Went to the Saturday Training Class was very impressed with how well Roy handled all the dogs. I definitely will go back again. Terri K.
Today was my first time at the drop in class with my 1 year old Niko that I adopted 6 months ago. I am in amazement at the change in behavior after just 1 hour. BUT it was my changes I learned that made the difference, not necessarily Niko's. I will definitely be a regular and cannot wait for both of us to learn more. thank you. Greg J.